As humanity teeters on the edge of a climate catastrophe, it may not seem like there is much reason to celebrate this Earth Day.
But don’t give in to climate doom. People around the world are working tirelessly to confront climate change and biodiversity loss by protecting the nature they depend on.
To provide a boost of climate optimism, 10 Conservation International experts are sharing why they have hope for the planet — and why you should, too.
- Climate breakdown is here. It’s time to adapt. But how?
- New map pinpoints where people depend on nature the most
- Study: Protect these places — or face climate doom
- These ecosystems could determine our climate future: study
- New tech could transform science of wildlife ‘selfies’
- Study: ‘Green’ recovery proves better for climate, economies
- Study maps climate potential of letting forests be
- When COVID flattened tourism, carbon credits kept these African hills ‘green’
Cover image: Earth from space (© NASA)