Aquaculture Innovation Fellow
Land & Seascapes Fellow
Restoration Solutions Fellow
Supply Chain Innovation & Transparency Fellow
Design for Nature Fellow
No longer accepting applications.
Amazon Indigenous & Conservation Fellow
Africa Conservation Finance Fellow
Sustainable Land/Seascapes Advisor & ADB Liaison Fellow
China Marine Fellow
No longer accepting applications.
Green-Gray Infrastructure Fellow
Distinguished and Senior Fellows are by invitation only.
Technical Fellowship positions are in select areas of key strategic need to CI. Open positions are posted on this webpage with links to our application portal (Taleo). CI does not fund individual research projects or accept proposals for technical positions in addition to those that are posted.
Candidates must submit the following materials:
- The candidate's curriculum vitae (including a list of the candidate's scientific publications, and
- Upon request, three reference letters from either a department head or other colleague officially referring the candidate and describing his or her qualifications, initiative, and research.
In keeping with the CI’s longstanding support of underrepresented minorities in the sciences, we strongly encourage qualified women and minority candidates to apply.
Materials must be submitted electronically through our application portal (Taleo) which can be accessed by clicking on the specific position for which the applicant is applying.
Please check the specific requirements under each Fellowship position to determine eligibility requirements. Interested applicants can click on the posted position, which will redirect them to Taleo where position-specific requirements can be found.
Fellows are selected on the basis of their accomplishments, creativity, and potential to become leaders in the scientific community through their contributions in their field.
Commitment & Compensation
- Up to two-year, full-time position
- Annual salary plus paid vacation
- Competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness plan
- Fellowship-sponsored professional development trainings focused on innovation, communication, leadership and conservation
- Opportunities to network and collaborate with other CI fellows through our cohort program and alumni network
- Opportunities to establish valuable, lasting connections with CI staff and other leaders in the conservation field
- Yearly professional development and travel allowance
- Mentoring from high-level staff
*CI offers a competitive and comprehensive health & wellness package.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the application deadline?
Each open position has its own deadline which can be found by clicking on the position which will redirect the applicant to Taleo. All requirements and deadlines for that position are list in the application portal, Taleo.
How are Fellows compensated?
Fellows receive an annual salary plus paid vacation time. They also receive a competitive benefits package.
What is the application process like?
The application process for the Lui-Walton Innovator Fellows and the Ann & Tom Friedman Fellows for Science programs is highly competitive. All applicants undergo multiple rounds of evaluation by the selection committee. Up to five applicants per position will be interviewed by telephone. Semi-finalists may be flown to Arlington, VA for in-person interviews. Applicants must be available for interviews.
In what language should the application be submitted?
Submit all materials in English.
Is there a moving allowance?
Depending on the Fellow’s current residence and placement at CI, a moving stipend may be negotiated.
Do I need a passport?
All fellows must have a valid passport.