You can have a lasting impact on our planet by leaving a gift to Conservation International in your will, trust or by beneficiary designation. Your generosity will help protect iconic wildlife such as elephants, along with the places that provide the food we eat, the water we drink and the air we breathe.
Many people are surprised to learn how easy it is to make a lasting difference for our planet. By leaving a gift in your will, trust or by beneficiary designation, you help us sustainably care for nature, protect global biodiversity, and improve the well-being of humanity.
How You Benefit
We're Here to Help
Notifying us of your gift is the best way to ensure that we receive the gift you have planned for us. We also want to say thank you and honor your generosity.
To notify us of a legacy gift you have planned, discuss the best gift option for you or simply request more information about our planned giving program, please contact Mallory Henig at 703-341-2409 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You decide how much to give — no gift is too small.
- You can provide for your loved ones first and make a gift to save nature.
- You pay nothing now and retain control of your assets during your lifetime. If your needs change, you can change your mind at any time.
- You can be recognized or remain anonymous.
- You can leave a gift in honor or memory of someone who inspired your dedication to nature.
- You can ensure that your generosity is felt by future generations.
What Type of Gift Should I Leave?
Name Conservation International as a Beneficiary
Help save the planet simply by signing your name. Conservation International supporters like you frequently tell us, “I wish I could do more.” You can help protect nature for many years to come by naming Conservation International as a beneficiary of any of these types of accounts:
- Retirement Accounts
- Life Insurance Policies
- Bank or Brokerage Accounts
- Certificates of Deposit
- Donor-Advised Funds
You can be remembered forever as a leader in protecting our planet. And it’s easy to do.
- Step 1: Obtain the appropriate forms from the company that manages your account. Forms are generally available on the company website or by calling the customer service number on your statement to request a form be mailed to you.
- Step 2: Write in Conservation International Foundation as a beneficiary and use our Tax Identification Number (TIN), 52-1497470, where the form asks for a Social Security Number.
- Step 3: Submit the form to your administrator and let us know about your gift so we can express our thanks and ensure your wishes are fulfilled. Please contact Mallory Henig at 703-341-2409 or email@example.com.
Name Conservation International in Your Will
Leave a gift that costs you nothing now. You can take care of your loved ones while also making a lasting impact in protecting nature for the benefit of us all. Simply include Conservation International in your will to receive a specific amount or percentage of your assets.
Or, name us a contingent beneficiary, so Conservation International is included along with your loved ones.
- Step 1: Share this sample language with your lawyer or adviser: “I give to Conservation International Foundation, whose national office address is 2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 600, Arlington, VA 22202, (Tax ID#: 52-1497470) _____% of the rest of my estate (or $______) in support of its mission.”
- Step 2: Let us know about your gift so we can express our thanks and ensure your wishes are fulfilled. Please contact Mallory Henig at 703-341-2409 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate Directly from Your IRA
If you are over age 70½, you can save on income tax by donating to Conservation International directly from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA).
For more information, please contact Mallory Henig at 703-341-2409 or email@example.com.
Download our complimentary brochures to learn how you can designate Conservation International as a beneficiary, include protecting critical nature in your estate planning, and donate via IRA rollover.
Future of Life Society
When you make a lasting gift to Conservation International, you will be welcomed into the Future of Life Society.
This special group honors all those who have left a gift in their will, trust, or by beneficiary designation. We show our gratitude by publicly recognizing Future of Life Society members in our annual report (with your permission), and providing periodic insider updates from CI leadership. Members will also receive a welcome packet that includes scientist and Pulitzer Prize-winning author and former CI Board Member E.O. Wilson's book "The Future of Life," which details his vision for saving the natural world.
Meet Our Donors
Our donors are amazing. Their passion and commitment fuels our work to protect nature for the benefits it provides to all of us: food, fresh water, livelihoods and a stable climate. Please consider joining our donors and making your own legacy so that we might have a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet for today and for future generations.
Inspired by a Marine Biologist
by Pepi Ross
I’ve been a scuba diver for many years, and in 2007, my partner and I visited Raja Ampat, Indonesia, where we met Conservation International marine biologist Mark Erdmann and his wife, Arnaz Mehta, on a dive boat. The experience was life-changing.
I had always supported efforts to protect marine habitats, but on this trip, I learned how CI helps safeguard Indonesian waters by working with the local people who live and depend on these marine areas.
The combination of Mark’s scientific training in coral reef ecology and Arnaz’s expertise in sociology showed me how marine areas can be protected while improving local livelihoods. From then on, I knew I would be supporting CI’s work to safeguard our planet.
During the past 10 years, I’ve continued to be impressed with CI's approach of collaborating with local people, which ensures long-lasting results. So, when the time came to create my will, I decided to leave a gift to CI.
Tell Us About Your Gift
If you plan to leave a gift to protect nature for future generations — or have already done so — please let us know. We would love the chance to say thank you! Your gift can inspire others to consider a similar gift to Conservation International. Plus, you can change your mind at any time if your circumstances change.