To promote and support conservation, restoration, and sustainable land use in South Africa’s Hotspots as an essential element of food security and land reform, human and economic development, and building resilience to the impacts of climate change.
Our work is inspired by the core values that have been with Conservation South Africa since day one. As we work towards securing a healthy planet for today and for generations to come, we are guided by five fundamental values:
- We are passionate about nature and cherish the diversity of life from the sea bottoms to the mountain peaks.
- We respect and trust each other, and we embrace the diversity of our cultures, talents, and experiences.
- We make every decision with integrity and are accountable for the choices we make.
- We are optimistic that life on Earth can be preserved and that with our partners we will witness unprecedented successes in conservation.
- We have the courage to take bold action in the face of naysayers and critics, persevere through challenging times, and pursue our vision tirelessly and with enthusiasm.