NEW! Studio Zero: OceanX
Be a youth climate storyteller at the world's biggest events
Conservation International Singapore is proud to present Studio Zero, our network of young climate storytellers who inspire a future of net zero, zero waste and a healthy natural world.
As a Conservation International Studio Zero storyteller, you will receive:
Are you a young content creator interested in climate and nature conversations?
Our actions to prevent climate change during this decade will dictate the future for humanity for the next century. During this critical moment of change and opportunity, Conservation International invites Singapore’s youth to harness the power of your stories and voices in making a difference for people and nature.
Infusing a new wave of energy and creativity in addressing climate change, Studio Zero will train youth on mobile storytelling and how to turn their voices and opinions about climate issues into compelling short stories. The program will feature several online classrooms and two live content studios launched at key global moments, kicking off with The Earthshot Prize 2023 in Singapore!
The Young Explorers Program aims to expand access to ocean exploration, foster a new generation of ocean advocates and offer hands-on, immersive instruction to college students pursuing a degree in a related field. Participants will learn from world-class ocean scientists about the ocean genome, the tools and trades of ocean exploration, media and science communication and leadership in the field of exploration. Launched With Partners from NOAA, GMGI and Coral Vita, Program to Offer College Students Opportunity to Learn from World-class Scientists Aboard OceanX’s Iconic Marine Research and Media Vessel, OceanXplorer. #diversity #marinesciences #diversityinSTEM #STEM
Studio Edition 2:
- Date: 22 March 2024, Friday
- Time: 7.30am - 12pm
- Venue: OceanXplorer (Keppel Marina)
OceanX is a mission to support scientists to explore the ocean and to bring it back to the world through captivating media. Uniting leading media, science, and philanthropy partners, OceanX utilizes next-gen technology, fearless science, compelling storytelling, and immersive experiences to educate, inspire, and connect the world with the ocean and build a global community deeply engaged with understanding, enjoying, and protecting our oceans.
Studio Zero storytellers are invited on board the world's most advanced scientific research, exploration, and media production vessel, the OceanXplorer, to tour the vessel and explore its cutting-edge scientific and engineering tools to learn about media and science communication in the field of exploration.
Prince William's message to young people back at the first ever Earthshot Prize Awards in 2021 is as true now as it was then -- Over the last ten years, the evidence that we face urgent challenges to protect the environment has become indisputable, and it’s clear that the time to act is now. Drawing inspiration from the concept of moonshots, which since the moon landing in 1969 has become shorthand to talk about the most ambitious and ground-breaking goals, Prince William announced The Earthshot Prize: an ambitious set of challenges to inspire a decade of action to repair the planet. We believe in the power of human ingenuity to prove to us all that the seemingly impossible is possible. -- Learn more about The Earthshot Prize here: https://earthshotprize.org/ The Earthshot Prize on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@theearthshotprize The Earthshot Prize on Instagram: twitter.com/TheEarthshotPrize The Earthshot Prizes on Twitter: facebook.com/TheEarthshotPrize The Earthshot Prizes on Facebook: instagram.com/TheEarthshotPrize #EarthshotPrize #PrinceWilliam #ClimateChange
Studio Edition 1:
The Earthshot Prize
- Date: 6 – 9 November 2023
- Time: Timings will vary between full day and half day events
- Venue: Temasek Shophouse and various locations of The Earthshot Prize experiences
- Guest speakers: Kong Man Jing (Just Keep Thinking), Woo Qiyun (The Weird and Wild), Chris Annadorai (Our Better World), Ng Lee Kiang (Young Nautilus), Jayaprakash Bojan
Conservation International is a strategic partner of The Earthshot Prize. The Earthshot Prize, founded by Prince William in 2020, is a prestigious environmental prize which aims to discover, celebrate, accelerate and scale solutions that can help put the world firmly on a trajectory towards a stable climate, where communities, oceans and biodiversity thrive in harmony by 2030.
Studio Zero storytellers will join various curated Earthshot experiences including the official welcome youth reception, the Awards Ceremony and the green carpet event!
Studio Zero program outline
(A full program schedule will be shared with successful applicants.)
Hear from our young climate storytellers
Follow @conservationasiapacific on Instagram for more youth voices.
Benefits for Studio Zero storytellers:
You will join an exclusive youth network of climate storytellers, which includes:
- Two live content studios with a mix of online and in-person classroom formats
- Special access to key moments at global conservation events
- Training in creating effective short stories in mobile-first formats, crafting compelling narratives, visual and audio storytelling techniques, online safety and fact-checking, marketing and distribution strategies, and more
- Hands-on guidance in the storyboarding, mobile production and editing process
- Meet and network with guest experts
- Content exposure on Conservation International’s media channels
- Opportunity to join future studio editions
- Certificate of participation
Requirements of Studio Zero storytellers
- Participation in two live content studios, online classrooms and the Earthshot experiences from 6-9 November is required.
- Participants will need to create and post at least one hero social media content piece at each live content studio and two more content pieces for the online assignments, all to be published to their personal social media channels throughout the program duration.
- Read the Terms and Conditions for more information.
Who is eligible?
We are looking for self-motivated youth passionate about climate issues, with a desire to learn how to create better mobile content and stories to be an ambassador for nature.
- Application is open to all Singaporean Citizens and Permanent Residents, aged 18 to 35 years old as of 6 November 2023.
- Participants are aspiring content creators who are self-motivated and interested in conservation, climate and sustainability issues. Content creators refer to individuals who produce enjoyable or informative content using various mediums or platforms, with a particular focus on digital content, although not exclusively limited to it.
- Participants are not evaluated on the size of their social media following, but are expected to have a minimum base of 500 social media followers and publish content regularly.
- Participants are not expected to possess advanced content creation skills, but must demonstrate a desire to improve their mobile storytelling skills with the intention to advocate for nature.
- Participants must demonstrate a keen understanding and passion for climate issues, nature conservation and sustainable development.
- Participants should have near fluent or fluent proficiency in English.
- The registration deadline is 27 February 2024. Applications received after that will not be accepted.
Storytelling Supported by: