CI does not claim ownership of User Materials. Unless we indicate otherwise, you grant CI a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such User Materials on or in connection with the Website and other CI promotional materials. You grant CI the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such User Materials. You represent and warrant that:
- you own and control all of the rights to the User Materials that you post or you otherwise have the right to post such User Materials to the Website;
- the User Materials are accurate and not misleading; and
- use and posting of the User Materials you supply does not violate these Terms and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity.
3. Copyright Complaints
CI respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe in good faith that content you own has been copied and made accessible in a manner that violates your intellectual property rights, please provide CI’s Copyright Agent the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
CI’s Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
Copyright Agent General Counsel’s Office
Conservation International Foundation
2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 500
Arlington, VA 22202
By phone: (703) 341-2700
By email: email@example.com
The CI logo, CI circle and line logo, the name “Conservation International Foundation”, “NATURE IS SPEAKING” , “NATURE DOESN’T NEED PEOPLE. PEOPLE NEED NATURE” and any other product or service name or slogan contained in this Website are trade/service marks of CI, its licensors, or other respective owners, and may not be used without the prior written permission of CI or the respective owners.
Any links to www.conservation.org or any affiliated CI Website may not suggest or imply CI’s endorsement or approval of any product, position, entity or individual, or portray CI in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner, and the linking site may not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable.
This Website contains links to third party Websites (“Linked Websites”) not under the control of CI, and CI is not responsible for their content or links contained in such Linked Websites. CI does not intend links on this Website to be referrals or endorsements of the linked Website providers, or their products or services, and are provided for convenience only. Your use of the Linked Websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of the providers of such Linked Websites.
7. Service Deactivation
You agree that CI has the right, but not the obligation, to take any of the following actions in CI’s sole discretion at any time and for any reason without giving you any prior notice:
- refuse, move or remove any content that is available on or through this Website;
- to discontinue the Website or any services offered through the Website at any time without notice; and
- to establish general practices and limits concerning use of the this Website.
We may take any of the above actions for any legitimate business reason, as determined by CI in its sole discretion, including, but not be limited to:
- breaches or violations of the Terms or other incorporated agreements or guidelines;
- requests by law enforcement or other government agencies;
- a request by you;
- discontinuance or material modification to this Website (or any part thereof); and
- unexpected technical or security issues or problems.
You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for taking any of these actions.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, ITS SERVICES AND MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE (JOINTLY “SERVICES”) IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND ALL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. CI DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE, THE MATERIALS OR THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU SHOULD USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES FROM ANY DOWNLOAD. CI IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS OR OMISSIONS. REFERENCE TO ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, PROGRAMS OR OTHER INFORMATION, BY TRADE NAME, TRADEMARK, MANUFACTURER, SUPPLIER OR OTHERWISE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION THEREOF, OR ANY AFFILIATION THEREWITH, BY CI. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY THE LAW, CI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND OTHER TERMS EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
9. Disclaimer of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL CI, ITS LICENSORS, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF INCOME, LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF CONTRACTS, LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION, LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO OR CORRUPTION OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, THE SERVICES, THE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES CASED BY OR RESULTING FROM RELIANCE BY USER ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM CI, OR THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES OR EMAIL, ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold CI and its affiliates, service providers, licensors and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless against any claim for damages, losses or any costs, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your use of this Website or the Materials, any User Content you post, store or otherwise transmit on or through this Website, or your use of or inability to use this Website.
11. Entire Agreement
These Terms represent the entire agreement between you and CI with respect to their subject matter. No action of CI, other than an express written waiver, may be construed as a waiver of any part of this agreement, and no employee of CI is authorized to waive it orally.
12. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to the conflict of law principles thereof. Any dispute relating to this Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the District of Columbia, and the parties agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of these courts.