London/New York/Hong Kong – This St. Patrick’s Day, Christie’s, the world’s leading art business, in a new collaboration with Runway to Green, will be taking green to a whole new level with the online launch of its second annual Green Auction: “A Bid to Save the Earth”, a high-profile live event and companion online auction to raise funds and awareness for the preservation and sustainability of our planet.
The online auction, powered by luxury charity auction company CharityBuzz.com, launches on March 17, bringing hundreds of once-in-a-lifetime experiences in the realms of fashion, entertainment, business, sports, luxury and travel to the fingertips of bidders around the world. Proceeds will benefit four leading environmental nonprofits – Conservation International (CI), Oceana, Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), and Central Park Conservancy - which collectively work at the local, national, and international scale to conserve nature for the long term well-being of people. Bidding is open through April 7 at www.charitybuzz.com/BidtoSaveTheEarth.
Conservation International Board members, Harrison Ford, and Her Majesty Queen Noor, have joined an impressive list of international celebrities, creative icons, industry leaders and conservationists to donate exclusive packages and experiences to the auction. From a style consultation with Vogue’s André Leon Talley and Diane Von Furstenberg to a night backstage with Lady Gaga to a day around town with President William J. Clinton, the Green Auction is giving bidders unprecedented access to the world’s leading influencers. Celebrity participants include Heidi Klum, Justin Bieber, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Jayni and Chevy Chase, President William J. Clinton, Karl Lagerfeld, Tory Burch, John McEnroe, Diane Von Furstenberg, Luanne Rice, Ralph Lauren, Carolina Herrera, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Vera Wang, Lady Gaga, André Leon Talley and many more.
With the lot offered by CI Vice Chairman, Harrison Ford exclusively in a live auction on March 29, a winning bidder and a guest will meet the legendary actor, conservationist and accomplished pilot in Los Angeles, as well as enjoy a keepsake photo opportunity, and then fly to lunch in one of his personal aircrafts. Round-trip business class airfare will be provided by Delta, as well as a relaxing four-night stay in a luxurious suite at The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles. The winner will also receive a commemorative Hamilton Watch from the Khaki Team Earth collection, which was designed in collaboration with Ford. This particular piece is part of a series of watches that were specifically produced to support the works of Conservation International around the world, and showcases the CI logo and Ford's signature.
Through the online auction available until April 7 on Charity Buzz, Her Majesty Queen Noor is offering a winning bidder and 6-8 guests guests the rare opportunity to enjoy lunch or dinner with her in her Washington DC-area home. As an author and international public servant devoted to world peace and justice who has travelled the world, Queen Noor will offer an insightful perspective on global politics, and discuss the issues of today. Hosted in an intimate setting, the conversation will be accompanied by an unforgettable dining experience, and meal prepared with sustainably-grown local ingredients by celebrated, James Beard Award-winning chef Art Smith, known for his best-selling books, his restaurants which include Washington DC’s Art & Soul, and his ten years of service as Oprah Winfrey’s personal chef.
In order to make ‘BID’ as green-inclusive as possible, the online auction will carry the majority of celebrity and once-in-a lifetime experiences, so that anyone -- anywhere -- in the world has a chance to BID by logging on and pitching in. Highlights of the Green Auction’s companion online auction at charitybuzz.com include:
LOTS IN CHRISTIES 2011 GREEN AUCTION: A BID TO SAVE EARTH:
- Spend a special day with President William J. Clinton∙
- Take a flight with Harrison Ford in his personal aircraft, with round-trip airfare to Los Angeles, four nights at The Ritz Carlton, and commemorative keepsakes∙
- An unforgettable meal in the private Washington DC-area residence of Her Majesty Queen Noor, prepared by James Beard Award-winning celebrity chef Art Smith, former personal chef to Oprah Winfrey∙
- Fly to Paris for the full Chanel Couture Experience, including: front row tickets to Chanel's 2011 Couture Show, meet Karl Lagerfeld, take a private tour of Coco Chanel’s apartment, receive a handbag and stay five nights at The Ritz-Carlton∙
- The ultimate Vanity Fair Oscars after-party package∙
- An incredible international culinary tour with world renowned Chef Alain Ducasse, with a taste of the finest gourmet foods in New York, Paris, Provence and Tuscany∙
- A style consultation with Vogue’s André Leon Talley and Diane Von Furstenberg∙
- Meet Lady Gaga backstage in Miami and stay three nights at Soho House Miami∙
- Enjoy three nights at the beautiful Hotel Beau-Rivage Palace in Switzerland∙ A one-hour tennis lesson with John McEnroe in New York City∙
- Meet Michael Kors and Heidi Klum on the ultimate New York Fashion Week experience, with inside access to the Project Runway fashion show finale∙
- Dinner with Jayni and Chevy Chase at the Lauren Berger Collection Essex House Apartment in NYC∙
- A three day getaway on the luxury superyacht Lady Sheridan during the Cannes Film Festival offered by the owners and Burgess Yachts.∙
- A day of sailing with Susan and David Rockefeller∙
- Meet Marc Jacobs, with two VIP tickets to his New York Fashion Week fashion show and after party
- Explore the majesty of Chilean Patagonia with SNP Patagonia Sur ∙
- Meet Justin Bieber backstage in Tokyo, Japan, with VIP tickets to his performance∙
- An intimate breakfast with Tory Burch and a $1000 Gift Certificate to a Tory Burch boutique∙
- The ultimate Carolina Herrera bridal fashion experience: $10,000 toward a Carolina Herrera bridal gown, two tickets to her spring 2012 bridal show and meet Carolina Herrera backstage∙
- A week's stay for six at a private villa on Mustique in the Caribbean∙
- Tickets to the finale of FOX’s hit show American Idol∙
- A day of falconing with Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.∙
- Five night stay in a one bedroom beach villa at Parrot Cay Resort in Turks and Caicos with round-trip airfare courtesy of Delta Airlines∙
- Ten night trip for four to experience the exceptional wildlife of Tanzania and the stunning beaches of Mozambique offered by Nomad Safaris, Vamizi Island and Journeys by Design
“Charitybuzz is thrilled to partner with Christie’s for the 2011 Green Auction, a truly unmatched initiative spanning nearly every industry in a bid to save our beautiful planet, ” said Coppy Holzman, CEO and co-founder of charitybuzz. “Building upon the success of last year’s unprecedented collaboration, this year’s online auction boasts a ‘who’s who’ of the world’s most iconic celebrities and industry leaders.”
Additional funds will be raised at an invite-only Bid to Save the Earth live auction hosted by Seth Meyers at Christie’s on March 29 in New York, in collaboration with Runway to Green. The carbon-neutral event will bring together top art collectors, philanthropists, financiers and environmentalists with the fashion community. Proceeds from the sale of the collection will also be divided among the beneficiary organizations. Event and auction sponsors include Tiffany & Co., Delta Airlines, NET-A-PORTER.com, US Trust and La Mer.
Details on how to participate in the online auction and how to donate, volunteer and act can be found at www.BidtoSavetheEarth.org. In addition to bidding in the online auction, the public is invited to make a symbolic bid for the environment by texting “gogreen” to 20222 to donate $10.00. Funds will go toward Bid to Save the Earth beneficiaries.
Images available on request and downloadable at http://bit.ly/gt6KDl
Image of Harrison Ford above: © Chad Slattery
FOLLOW THE GREEN AUCTION ON:
TWITTER at twitter.com/Bid2SaveEarth
FACEBOOK at Facebook.com/A-Bid-To-Save-The-Earth
About Conservation International (CI)
Building upon a strong foundation of science, partnership and field demonstration, CI empowers societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature, our global biodiversity for the well-being of humanity. With headquarters in Washington, DC, CI works in more than 40 countries on four continents. For more information, visit: www.conservation.org
Press contacts for Conservation International: Kim McCabe, CI Media Director , +1.703.341.2546 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Press contacts for partners:
Toby Usnik, New York +1.212.636.2680 email@example.com
Alexandra Buxton, London +44.20.7389.2117 firstname.lastname@example.org
Yvonne So, Hong Kong +8184.108.40.206.19 email@example.com
Glenda Luft, charitybuzz +1.646.998.6177 firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan Salt, Vogue +1.212.286.6884 email@example.com
Jenny Powers, NRDC +1.212.727.4566 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Connor, Oceana +1.202.467.1910 email@example.com
Scott Johnson, CPC +1.212.310.6641 firstname.lastname@example.org
Caroline Bassett, BMR +1.212-744-0218 email@example.com
Tenley Zinke +1.212.901.3081 firstname.lastname@example.org
About Christie’s Green Auction: Bid to Save the Earth
Christie’s second annual Green Auction, an invite-only live auction and runway show in collaboration with Runway to Green, will take place on March 29, 2011 in New York City. Top celebrities, industry leaders, philanthropists and conservationists from around the globe will join together to raise funds and awareness for the preservation and sustainability of our planet. A companion online auction, powered by luxury charity auction site charitybuzz.com, will feature hundreds of coveted experiences and luxury merchandise open for bidding internationally from March 17 through April 7, 2011. Proceeds from the live event and online auction will benefit four leading environmental charities: Oceana, Natural Resources Defense Council, Conservation International, and Central Park Conservancy. Green Auction event and auction sponsors include Delta Airlines, Tiffany & Co., NET-A-PORTER.com, La Mer and US Trust. Christie’s inaugural Green Auction in 2010 raised more than $2 million for the earth. For more information, visit www.BidToSaveTheEarth.org