European Parliament, Brussels, Belgium
As the EU prepares its next Multi-year Budget at a time of financial crisis and serious political challenges, there is a risk of environmental concerns being forgotten. It is now a good moment, and also important, to remember that a greener EU investment strategy could bring significant benefits for employment and for the economy.
A coalition of Environmental NGOs, BirdLife Europe is part of, is organising a conference in the European Parliament in Brussels where it will present a major new study by GHK consulting. The presentation will be followed by a panel debate with cross-party MEPs. The aim of this event will be to create a timely opportunity for decision makers and civil society to exchange views on the ways to spend the new MFF.
- Participation: This Conference requires registration before 1st February 2012. To register, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please inform us if you require a badge for the European Parliament with the following information: name, surname, date of birth, and ID number.
- Agenda: Please find here the latest version. Please note that some minor changes are still possible.
- Evaluating the potential for Green Jobs in the next Multi-annual Financial Framework: Please find here the full report submitted by GHK on August 2011.
- Investing in the future: more jobs out of a greener EU Budget: Please find here a study on the benefits of investing in green sectors.
- Press Release: Please find here the Press Release.
- Contact: If you want any further information, please contact email@example.com.