Since CI was established in 1987, we have engaged with corporations from a wide range of industries to improve business policies and practices, and incorporate environmental protection into corporate decision making.
Companies in today’s increasingly competitive global marketplace are focusing their efforts on outstanding environmental performance as a business imperative. CELB's key initiatives help companies and industries meet theses challenges by promoting the notion of environmental leadership in business through climate stability, food security, clean water, abundant biodiversity and other ecosystem services essential for improved human well-being.
Our key initiatives:
Business & Sustainability Council
- An action-oriented forum for corporate leaders committed to positive environmental actions that are good for business and the environment.
IBAT for Business
- An innovative tool designed to facilitate access to accurate and up-to-date biodiversity information to support critical business decisions.
The Climate, Community & Biodiversity Alliance
- A partnership of NGOs and research institutes seeking to promote integrated solutions to land management around the world.
The Sustainable Landscapes Partnership
- A public-private partnership aimed at avoiding deforestation and associated greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions through the development of low-carbon business models.
The TEEB for Business Coalition
- A Coalition to catalyze research on the valuation of natural capital and externalities through implementation and standardization of measurement, as well as engagement on public policy reforms.