Join the Emerald Circle.
Named after the lush forested band around the Earth's equator that is rich in biodiversity, the Emerald Circle is a special community of donors who have made a significant commitment to advance CI's work.
With annual gifts of $1,000 or more, Emerald Circle members provide CI with the core financial support we need to fulfill our mission.
What does your gift mean for nature — and for the people who depend on it?
$1,000 — Give at this level »
Your gift of $1,000 could support important projects like:
- the purchase of 500 tags to mark sea turtles in the Philippines for scientific study
- the purchase of binoculars, night-vision technology and GPS units for 3 traditional Hawaiian fishing villages — to monitor illegal night-time fishing activities
- the purchase of 2 camera traps to monitor tropical forest mammals
Photo: A hawksbill turtle equipped with a satellite tag after nesting in El Salvador. © Alexander Gaos
$2,500 — Give at this level »
Your gift of $2,500 could support vital projects like:
- funding for a community engagement program in rural Cambodia that supports conservation efforts and awareness
- the purchase of a radio tag to track the location and movement of whale sharks in Raja Ampat, Indonesia
- the writing and translation of educational materials that help make Marine Protected Areas possible in Samoa
Photo: Local children of a village in the Central Cardamoms, Cambodia. © CI/Photo by Jake Brunner
$5,000 — Give at this level »
Your gift of $5,000 could support critical projects like:
- the provision of resources that a local community in Cambodia needs to protect its natural resources for a year
- the operation of a cooperative that offers marketing support for fair-trade, climate-sensitive coffee in Indonesia
- 1 year of community engagement for the protection of the critically endangered Madagascar big-headed turtle
Photo: A Sumatran woman picks coffee beans during annual harvest in Indonesia. © CI/Photo by M. Candra Arief
$10,000 — Give at this level »
Your gift of $10,000 could support imperative projects like:
- the installation of a climate station in a remote tropical forest where no climate data is available
- the purchase of improved cages for 5 aquaculture producers — reducing the mortality rate of their fish and feeding more people
- the purchase of 20 infrared camera traps for a study of tigers in China and Laos
Photo: Salmon (Salmonidae) aquaculture farms, Hyenfjorden, Norway. © Bill Broadhurst/FLPA/Minden Pictures
For more information on the Emerald Circle, please contact Charlotte Mikk, Director of Annual Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (703) 341-2497.