© Cristina Mittermeier/ILCP
The diversity of nature is everywhere. So why not roll up your sleeves and see what's been living right outside your door?
- Buy a local field guide and explore your own backyard. From bees and butterflies to frogs and fish, all living things contribute to a healthy environment.
- Find out if there are threatened species in your community and see if there are ways you can change this trend.
- Visit a local botanical garden, forest, or nature preserve to learn about nature from experts and scientists in a fun way.
- Find out if there is a local nature club. These groups often plan conservation events that are opened to the whole community. Why not learn with others like you?
- Take only photographs and leave only footprints when you explore.
You can also enhance your local biodiversity. >>