© Mark Moffett/Minden Pictures
The first step toward being a responsible green citizen is knowing the issues and taking time to think about them. Be aware of the impact your lifestyle has on the environment and know your options. Living green is about making responsible decisions.
- Check out CI's website, newsletters, and publications for up-to-date news and information about existing and emerging threats to climate, species, and the biologically unique areas they live.
- Set up a daily online search of the issues that are most important to you – climate change, amphibians, forests, oceans, gorillas, or anything else.
- Find out if your city or town has a green plan and if so, what it looks like.
- Take a look at your water, electric, and gas bills today so you can see how much you’re saving later on when you begin to live more efficiently.
- Calculate how far you drive or fly every month and then start thinking about ways to cut back.
You can also travel sustainably. >>