Conservation International’s (CI) Internship Sponsored By The Trott Family Foundation seeks students interested in gaining career skills in the non-profit sector. As a leader in conservation, local capacity-building, and partnership work, Conservation International offers a unique learning platform and environment for interns to gain real-world, practical experience. We believe that developing emerging talent is an important way for CI to invest in the future and to sustain conservation goals for the benefit of humanity. Our internships are designed for committed individuals who want to serve the organization in a field and discipline needed to successfully advance our mission. We provide opportunities for future professionals and leaders to become familiar with our mission, strategy, and values and expose students to the business and management of an NGO, field work and research, and partnerships. For more information, please visit Conservation International at www.conservation.org
Coordination of Territorial (OT) Technical Management of CI-Peru contributes to the management of geographic and thematic information to facilitate planning and land management in different areas of the country. We are currently working on a conservation initiative in the Alto Mayo Protected Forest, San Martin Region, reason for which is developing a baseline of geographic, biological and socio-economic area and will contribute to better management.
The objectives of the internship would be the following:
- Assist in maintenance of Geographic Information System (GIS) office in Lima, Peru CI.
- Support the implementation of the baseline mapping, biological and socioeconomic Alto Mayo Initiative based on the development of a GIS.
- Preparation and updating of project maps and related areas.
- Assist in other tasks assigned coordination.
The objectives are the internship will be to:
- Apply knowledge, skills and abilities by performing in a real work situation.
- Learn to use GIS software to enter, edit and analyze data subject.
- Become trained in the development of databases to generate information.
The headquarters of the internship is the city of Lima, in the office of Conservation International Peru, with a field trip to the Alto Mayo in the region of San Martin.
- Working towards an undergraduate degree in Geography or related field
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems
- Office 2007
- Experience working with databases
- Remote sensing experience
To apply for this position, send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com